[ST] Comparo : ST -v- ST4s

Hello

Lurking here on the list building knowledge on the ST.
I am considering a second bike and my two main
contenders are the Duc ST4s and the Trumphy ST.

My current ride is a BMW K1200LT which is a great
bike, dare I say a classic, but am wanting something
more sporting as an alternate ride.

Riding Situation
a. I did 24K miles this past year on the LT, only one
trip over 1000 miles in a hit.
b. Living in south NJ, I have to ride about 1 hour on
freeways/multilane roads to get to decent roads, so
comfort has some bearing.
c. At 6'7" & 230lbs I know that for either bike I will
have to get Heli's or equivalents.

Other Comments
i. An ST purchase would be of the new 2002 model.
ii. I have read several reviews including a recent
Pommie magazine with the VFR/ST4s/ST/Futura comparo
which basically scored them such that the variation
was statistically insignificant.
iii. BTW, the ST4s has an insurance rating in NJ that
makes it nearly $2K a year to insure. This is a
factor.

Questions
1. Any current ST rider with experience of ST2/4, or
better still ST4s, and would like to comment?
2. Any very tall ST rider want to chime in?
3. Any relevant comments that may apply.

Looking forward to your input.

Ta

Ralph