[no subject]

It's now time to set-up the system.  Once you start the programming sequence
as the speedo is driven from the front wheel and not the gearbox you will
need to take the bike out on the road to educate the Digi, so make sure you
have your bike gear on and the instructions in your pocket.  Remember that
you will have no front turn indicators and the rears will have not enough
resistance on their own, so use hand signals.  I took the bike (without the
top fairing) to a long quiet stretch of road ( I would estimate that you
need about 3/4 mile) where you will have no interruptions to going through
all six gears.  Pull over, turn off the engine and follow the simple
manufacturers instructions to educate the Digi to how many gears you have
and wait for the Digi to return to a flashing zero, then without turning off
the ignition start the engine and ride off being careful not to exceed
2000rpm on the clutch.  I found that the Digi starts it's seeking from 2500
rpm.  Let the revs build through each gear to ensure the Digi accurately
collates it's information.  When the Digi is programmed and you are happy,
return to base.

Bind up all the wiring from the clip with black insulating tape to make a
neat job, but leave the orange free to be secured at an accessible place
whenever it is necessary to re-program the Digi  i.e. after the battery has
been disconnected as I am unsure if the Digi will remember the settings with
no power.  I can ground mine against the left fork.  Bind the wires coming
out of the Digi far enough to run over the small plastic instrument shield
when fitted and routed over the front corner and between it and the fairing.
Replace the fairing being very careful not to scratch the bodywork with
those fairing bolt clips, although not essential a helper at this stage
would be ideal to safely guide both sides.

Re-program your clock.

Voila !