Re: [ST] Comparo : ST -v- ST4s

On 8 Nov 2001, at 21:02, Erik Miner wrote:

> NOT classed a sport bike like the Duc and Honda. Zawasaki has the new
> ZZR1200 sport tourer coming out, could be a sweet one, but I'm sure will
> be classed as a sport bike.
>
> Erik

Just wanted to chime in on this particular item of your post, Erik.
Since I am still having serious surging problems with my RS,for which
my dealer and Triumph are unable to find a cure and I'm therefore
basically stuck with it (no offers of a replacement, ala Steve Bergman
and Patti, I'm seriously considering dumping it.  One of the potential
replacements I'm considering is the ZZR1200.  One question that needed
to be answered first, of course, is insurance cost.   I spoke with my
insurance agent and, while she could not give me an official quote
without a VIN, her research indicated it would not cost much more per
year than my RS; her guess was about $50.  So, Allstate at least, does
not appear to think of it as a sport bike.  Time will, tell, of course,
since it won't be available for some months yet.

- -Keith