Re: [ST] Dented tank

So sorry to hear about the tank.  I have dropped two bikes, dented the tank
and have not had the skills or resources to repair.  I do know a technique,
which I am not good at but have seen others do great things with it.   I have
never done this on anything but vehicle body panels, but....  If you drill a
hole in the center of the dent, run a wire or cable (depending on hole/dent
size, use your judgment) with nuts/bolts fixed to the end inside the tank
(adjust size accordingly) and finally attach the outside end of the
wire/cable to a slide hammer, you have a device for repairing the dent.  Just
hammer away (people good at this can judge how hard and often pop the dent
out with one slide, I cannot do this) until the dent pops out (ideal) or is
mostly removed a take to a welding shop to repair the hole.  Finally do the
epoxy repair, paint a your back in business.

Having very few skill and lots of hope and ambition I have varied luck with
this technique, but it does work.  On my old truck (lots of dents and
scratches from work out in the woods) most of the dents popped out fairly
well, and I skipped the welding portion of the procedure, just using more
bondo and window screen.

Sean
'01 Sprint ST BRG
'98 XR400 w/ lights