Re: [ST] warning...maybe

Yes, I received it and Norton caught it.  To be safe, I deleted it unread.

Dave
- ----- Original Message -----
From: Steve Bergman <steverayb@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2001 10:51 AM
Subject: [ST] warning...maybe

I keep a free account with Yahoo specifically for monitoring this list.
Today
I recieved an email with an attatchment (unusual from this list).  The email
was from "Mike@xxxxxxxxx the attatchment was labeled "animals.exe.  I
clicked
on the message and got a little note along with the attatchment that babbled
bit about riding, roads, scenery etc.  Norton Antivirus responded with:

Virus W32.Magistr.39921@mm found and cleaned.
This file is infected with a computer virus, a program that can spread to
many
otherfiles on your computer and can delete files, steal sensitive
information,
or render your machine unusable.

Just curious if the virus was aimed randomly or at the list.  Did anyone
else
get this message?

Steve Bergman

01 Sprint ST