[ST] cable recall

I called my dealer this afternoon to inquire about the status of the clutch
cable recall.  I bought a spare this summer, just to have it in my tankbag,
should the need arise.  I was told that they have received notification of
a pending recall, but that no other specific information was as yet given.
   I mentioned the VIN number range and correct part number, and after a
rather looong pause, he asked me, "how do you know that"?.....