Re: [ST] Shifter shaft seal leakage

Hi Rick,

I've been mostly lurking on the site but need to comment since I did have the
same problem you describe about 8K miles ago.  I thought for weeks that my
shift shaft seal was leaking but it turned out to be the output shaft seal
which was quickly replaced under warranty and has never leaked again.  If you
remove the countershaft sprocket cover and see any oil leaking it is probably
the culprit.

It is wonderful to have a British bike that performs this well and still
doesn't leak any oil!!!

Randy in Arizona, USA