[ST] 18K service & replacement clutch cable

Hello Tom & All:
	You learned an important lesson. The cable can look OK, but it must be checked thouroughly.
	I had my 18 K service done yesterday at Freehold Triumph (New Jersey). My chain is OK so it continues in service.We decided to replace my clutch cable and use the old (original) unit as an emergency cable. The old cable was in very good condition, but I wanted to have a new cable as the original is getting a bit long in the tooth. The new cables are completely covered in black rubber and plastic. The bend at the upper (steering head) end is no longer finished with a shiny metal tube. The tube is in there, but it is covered in smooth black plastic.
	Freehold has had some trouble with installing the new number 12 tune. It seems that your bike "likes" the new tune and runs, or it doesn't. It is quite difficult to remove and restore the old tune if number 12 makes trouble. Since my bike is running well, I decided to leave well enough alone.
	Everything else is in very good condition, nothing interesting to report. I think the '00 ST is just one hell of a bike!
Be safe and well,

Howard Stephen Serlick
'00 Blue (Chick Magnet!) ST
Philadelphia