Re: [ST] Dead Trumpet

 > I also have done this for the side stand switch.  That too will
 > stop you from going anywhere if it fails.  Pop it into gear, dead
 > engine.  I have spent way too much time standing by a dead bike
 > scratching my head only to find that one of the "safety" items has
 > failed to work.

do what you feel you have to, but i've read too many stories of people
standing around dead riders who rode off with the sidestand down to
feel comfortable disengaging that particular safety device.  i certainly
know that i've left the stand down inadvertently from time to time, and
i'm awfully glad to have that little automaton there to hit the kill
switch for me when i do.

paul