[ST] Rear Wheel Brake Job

Just thought I would share some new found information. I ordered some
Ferodo Platinum Series brake pads from Motorcycle Accessories Warehouse
for my 99 ST Part # FDB631P. Well, after I took the rear brake caliper
apart I found that one of the new pads did not fit, The outboard pad
with the tang that has the half circle at the end. I went back on to the
web page for MAW to make sure I ordered the right one, I found it to be
the only rear pad listed for a 99 ST. I called the 800 number and spoke
to a customer service person and they did not have a clue, so I called
Ferodo direct in Calif. The person on the phone knew exactly what the
problem was. He said that there is a left hand and right hand caliper.
The application chart from MAW listed 98-99 ST together, maybe that's
where the left and right thing comes in. So if your going to get Ferodo
pads from MAW make sure that your getting the right ones. Maybe contact
Ferodo and get the right part # from them, they also sell direct from
that site. Anyway the guy from Ferodo was great, he apologized and said
he was putting the right pads in the mail, no charge. I should have them
by tomorrow. I was starting to go through withdrawal from lack of seat
time, as I only have one bike.

Anyway, I got the suggestion about Ferodo from the list so I thought I
would share about the problem I had and the solution.

 Ride Safe Have Fun
 Paul Reyes
 99 ST Blk

End of st-digest V2001 #693