Re: [ST] Sidestand kill switch

>From: "Andrew F. Kay, Jr." <captainquack@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
>I was gonna keep my mouth off this subject, because I still feel pretty
>stupid after 35 years.

ROTFLMAO !!  Andy, brings back some old (embarrassing) memories to me as
well. With not as severe consequences......

              SIDE-STAND DOWN?   SIDE-STAND UP?

circa. 1971,  Tulsa, OK, Hale High School, cool dude of 16 (me) riding my
cherry-bomb red Kawasaki (H1) Mach III,  500cc's of two-stroke, triple
mayhem. I had just performed a wheelie exhibition of fierce 2-stroke smoke,
and pulled into the gas station next door to the school.  It was lunch time
and I had quite an audience.  Pulled up next to the pump and two sweet
little freshmen began fawning over me.  My chest was puffed out (as well as
another item), as I regaled them with stories of two-wheeled danger.  I
topped off the tank and began to dismount to go and pay the man. Crucial
mistake had occurred earlier when talking to the sweeties, did not put the
side stand down.  Now, leaning and swinging off the saddle simultaneously I
realize my mistake, too late.... In an instant I am a pile of motorcycle,
and stupid gangly 16 year old, scrambling for composure.  Ahrggg, seconds
before I was a hero, now I lie there less than zero, wishing I could crawl
into the gas tank.

My misspent youth, don't get me started........

STeve Duncan
'00 Sprint-ST, Black as Nite
Dallas, Tx

"I refuse to tip-toe thru life, only to arrive safely, at death"