[ST] for Andy & Stu - sidestand kill-switch

            During the '50s I lost two friends, both of whom were
measurably smarter than me (both unmarried) to sidestands left down.
Possibly alcohol related;... I welcome the switch on my street-bike.

            However I have come to fear the switch on my dual-sport
bikes and encourage everyone to disconnect theirs.  When you're
flying over a series of bumps (especially downhill) and you land hard
enough to flick the sidestand down, realization only comes when you
gas it to sail off the next bump and are greeted with an unexpected
silence, a decelerating feeling and a rapidly dropping front wheel
which is aimed squarely for the face of the next bump.  Don't ask!!!

            The rest of the scenario is so similar to the lament of
Andy Kay as to not need repeating here.  An unenjoyable reminiscence.

                                    doggydo     - - - o%\o