Re: [ST] Best Custom Seat

On Sun, 18 Nov 2001, rex vaughn wrote:

> I just took a 700 mile trip on Saturday around Arkansas and Missouri and boy
> I want a new seat.  I was considering getting either a corbin or a sargent.
> What have your experiences been with the seat and the company?  I really
> don't want to destroy my stock seat if I don't have to.
>
> I am relatively short 5'7 and find myself sitting up close to the tank to
> get more upright.  Has anyone had any luck getting either company to move
> the rise up so you are closer to the bars?

I gotta say that the Sargent I bought from another lister that he bought
(from another lister?) is pretty darned nice.  The Atomic foam makes a
world of difference,  being angled back from the tank and dished out a
little wider help a bunch and the pocket keeps you put.  It's shaped sort
of like a gunfighter seat so there's not a real seat for a pillion but the
shape of the rear is sort of like that of the cowl.

I wonder if those guys know if Sargent (or anyone) has the original specs
that were given for the creation of this seat as it just may be the thing
you'd like to have done.

- --

                               ._O_.  '99 SprintST -mine
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 VFR800FI -hers         /~\
"No I don't want a pickle..."   /H\   '89 Hawk GT  -ours   ASCII \ / Against
      bil@xxxxxxxxxx           (=O=)  AMA, CMH-Moto,      Ribbon  X  HTML
"Drink Real Ale"  "Quch!"  #3    U    DoD(6.66), HSTA!  Campaign / \ Mail