[ST] Sargent Seats

I know many will not agree with me, however, I had very bad experience
with Sargent on re-working my Trophy seat, and would not have a seat
modified by them again.  I thought they managed the impossible, which
was to make the Trophy seat even more uncomfortable than stock - no
small achievement.  The first time around, all they did was remove foam,
and tie the back portion of the rider's area down with strings, to
create a Corbin-like dish effect.  Even with the "Supercell" foam, it
was terribly shaped and very uncomfortable.  I sent it back, and they
tried some other things, but they never got it right.  They asked me
what I wanted done, and since I don't design seats for a living, how
should I know, except that I wanted it comfortable, and felt they should
know how to achieve that.

In the end, I pulled the staples off myself, and added some foam here
and there, re-stapled it (and did  a pretty neat job), and had a
half-way comfortable seat.  I swore I would never send a seat to them
again - I felt their performance didn't match their advertising.

Although I complained on the list last April of how uncomfortable the
stock ST seat was after a 2-up round trip to Florida with my son (about
3,000 miles), this past August I went down again, coming back alone
after dropping him off at college.  I took 3 days coming home the long
way, and I was never uncomfortable, even with some 15-18 hour riding
days.  Actually, I have come to really like the stock seat.  I think it
may take a few months to break in, and it becomes way more comfortable
with leather  pants.  Now, I actually think the stock seat is very
comfortable - 1- up anyway.  The pillion seat will always be
uncomfortable, and my son cringes at the idea of riding home from
college as a passenger again - time for him to buy his own Sprint perhaps.

Sorry for the rant, but save your money on Sargent.

Rick Hartwick
00 ST