[ST] Value Rating etc.

David wrote:
> Obviously all of us read the mags, saw the bikes, and
>judged for ourselves, and came out with the Best Looking, Best Riding,
>Best Value for the money. And you RS guys came close! :-)

Hi all,
You probably still remember that my RS was wrecked on a diesel slick some
time ago, and I bought a XJR 1300 as an interim measure till the 2002 RS's
arrive in March?
Well these last few weeks I had the opportunity to ride a bunch of different
new bikes (RSV Mille, ST2, Bandit etc.) without the "influence" of riding my
Triumph to the shop and then evaluating the other bikes, knowing that the
pain will be short-lived as my RS is waiting for me back at the shop.
Last night my friend offered me a ride on his stock RS (1600 miles), now I
refuse to ride the XJR. I need a RS SOON.

PS. in the value rating, what about fuel consumption???? The ST2 I tested
was very thirsty, and
my XJR gets 28 - 30 MPG!

Gerrit Herbst
"01 Yellow RS (RIP)
"01 Black XJR 1300
soon "02 RS (any color as long as it's Yellow)