[ST] RE: st-digest V2001 #706

Ken Wrote:
>I don't know where you're located, but it must be Europe because in the USA
>we only see the XJR1300 in photos. Curiously, there's currently a glut (350
>of them) of leftover Sprint RS's in US dealers' showrooms. Must be true,
>because Triumph has been running advertisements offering "zero down, 4.99%"
>financing or $500 of gear and accessories. They've also lowered the asking
>price to $8799. Seems lower then prices in GB, so it might be worth
shipping
>one back where it came from.  :-)  At that price, the RS truly is a great
>value.

Hi Ken,
I actually live in South Africa, We get the non-catalytic converter, both
headlight working  models here because unleaded is not always available or
100% lead free. There is no '01 RS stock available here now so I thought
I'll just wait for the '02 model.
>From a price point, we pay much less for our bikes than you e.g. '01 RS
@R9,98 to the US$ we pay less than $7000,00 out of the door! I can buy an
'01 ST now for $8500,00.

PS. I Looked at the McDonalds indicator this morning and South Africa is the
cheapest place in the world to buy a Big Mac @ less that one US$.