RE: [ST] RE: (ST) magazine rant

Gee, it must be a really rough job... riding someone else's motorcycles and
then writing up what you don't like about it. Did it ever occur to anyone that
if these guys are so technically proficient they would be producing their own
bikes? Did they forget how they creamed all over themselves about the new
Sprint
ST ? Or were they just happy that someone had finally pointed out  all
of the shortcomings of the VFR...thus giving Honda some incentive to get off
their fat asses (wallets)  and do something .Personally, I think they just
pit manufacturers against each other to refine bikes for their enjoyment(
forgetting that not everyone can afford five bikes,all with race suspension
and
the latest  greatest engine to come down the pike). Seems to me that these
guys should be forced to buy their own bikes,tires ,chains,gas,oil,body
panels,etc.. not to mention Insurance!

I, like the majority of you , just wish these guys would read some of their
past articles before writing new ones.The Sprint ST was the best thing since
sliced bread and now because Triumph won't turn it into a GSX-R750 it somehow
doesn't measure up.Have they forgotten it wasn't designed to be one?and talk
about double talk....on one page Triumph doesn't come close to the Ducati,then
suddenly they post the intangibles like actual performance...personally I'll
give up .78 seconds in the quarter mile for $4,196 especially when you
factor in
finance rates and insurance...

                Same
for the Daytona..did anyone but me notice that it didn't rate as high as the
Aprilia or Suzuki on one page and on the other, two out of the three guys said
they would rather ride it? so which is it ?

They come off as trying to help the "average Joe" decide on a bike, but
they seem to forget that there is a reason most riders ride what they do... it
has to be a value in every respect..not just thrills and money but also
freedom.
If I have to work two jobs just to be able to pay my insurance bill I really
don't have that much time to ride.Stop comparing apples against oranges...Last
week I rode up in the north Ga. mountains with a buddy who was riding a
GSX-R1000, could I keep up with him...no . But in the truly twistie
sections he
couldn't even pull away at all...now was his wife as comfortable on the
back as
mine was....not hardly.

- --- Eric House
- --- jamieneric@xxxxxxxxxxxxx