From: Rick & Joyce [mailto:wescottr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2001 10:22 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] Re: UK headlight switch assembly
Neil,

Forgive my ignorance if this has been covered before.  What is
the story on the UK H/L switch?  Does it provide additional
functions other than the ability to manually control the lights?
Or is the modified switch you describe used to control the heated
grips?

Thanks,
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST
"NO Dawg"

> FYI, you need to disassemble the head light switch and drill
out 1/3 of
> the middle contact to make it work like the toggle switch. It
has two
> sets of wires blue, blue/yellow stripe and red, red/yellow
stripe. The
> red pair would be connected to the marker lights so are active
in
> positions 2 and 3 ( 1 being off ), The Blue are for the
headlights so
> are on only in position 3. The toggle switch connects the
center poll to
> pin 1 in position one, neither in position 2 and to pin 3 in
position 3.
> By carefully removing part of the middle contact and joining
one red and
> one blue to make a common you get the same functionality.

End of st-digest V2001 #718