Re: [ST] for STeve - new member

> Sure Keith, the more the merrier!  I did not grow up in the area so someone
> to find the really good out of the way places will be great.   Hope to be
> heading out there as soon after the first of the year as weather allows.

As in Fremont in the Bay area? I could be up for a ride there as well. A friend
of mine lives in San Jose.

> The Palomar thing is scary, but not surprising.  No offense to all y'all
> Cali folks, but one thing I HATE about Cali is the self-serving, egocentric
> attitudes of so many out there.  "It's my mountian and I will cause wrecks
> and possibly death to motorcyclists" is a perfect example from the article
> above.  Here in Texas someone may step up to your face and offer to kick
> your ass, but at least they are honest about it and it's a fair fight.

I think the point is the noise, I hate to say it, but maybe it is time
to start cutting down on the noise. From what I've read in
motorcyclenews.com there are attempts inside the motorcycling community
in Englend to reduce the noise from bikes there. Here in Dallas, there
are some new bylaws either on the books or proposed in areas such as
lower Greenville. Of course what is wrong with just enforcing the
current laws, I don't know.

As a previous owner of a 9r with a full system D&D, I saw some power
gains with the derestricted exhaust, but I put the stock system back on
because the noise was starting to get to me as well.

I must admit, Harldleys with straight pipes, are starting to annoy me, I
wonder if the owners think they are impressing people, in reality, most
people including me are thinking, damn for 20 large you would think the
bike would come with a muffler.

It is funny, to a certain extent it is kinda fun to be watching TV with
the windows open, hearing a bike go by on the tollway, (over 200 ft
away) with a builder or two in the way) and being able to identify the
bike, ie. "sounds like a 9r with a D&D system" or "ooohhhh TL with
Micron", but that is getting somewhat old.

> Live and let live..... and carry mace.

But there are certain limits, and I fear that some motorcyclists are
starting to infringe on the rights of others as far as noise polution.

Tom

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 7 months old, 13,700 miles)
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500