Re: [ST] Re: UK headlight switch assembly

Original Message:
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 06:38:19 -0800
From: "Chris" <strizver@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ST] Re: UK headlight switch assembly

Ahhhh. I hadn't thought of using the UK switch on the right bars in addition
to the US stock switch. I was thinking of replacing the US switch with the
UK one. I guess it boils down to whether or not you like the look of a
switch on the other side of your bars and if you want to go through the
trouble of dicking with your wiring for the convenience of having only one
switch. Personally, I lean towards the convenience of having one switch
control all my lighting. Guess I'll make the decision when I actually do the
mod.

- - -Chris

Well you're getting closer, but I still don't think you quite realize that:

a) The two switches we are talking about aren't even close to one another in
switching functionality.  I seriously doubt that either switch, on it's own,
can perform these tasks, even if you butcher the internals (IMHO it wouldn't
be worth the hassle in any event).

b) The two switches are quite different in physical makeup, which means you
cannot mount the UK on/off switch where the hi/low beam switch was, or vice
versa.  Have a look at the plastic plug that covers the UK on/off switch
mounting location on the right bar switch assembly (right above the starter
button).

c) The reason that people have considered ordering and using the UK
headlight on/off switch to control other accessories such as heated grips or
extra lights, is solely because of the convenient mounting location.  If you
want to use a different switch, you can mount it anywhere you like, but it
won't look as good.

Now that we've totally beat this issue to death . . .
.