Re: [ST] UK lightswitch

>If the UK light switch is on the right side, what's on the left where the US
>light switch is?  Kill switch?  That's more weird than riding on the wrong
>side of the road. ;-)

The left switch is the same everywhere except for what we call the high/low
beam switch they call the dip switch or some such thing. Performs the same
function. However over on the right, the UK (and other areas?) get a switch
that you can use to actually turn the headlight on and off, where as in the
US the law requires that they automatically go on, so we get a plastic
cover where that switch would be located.

So our law says we have to have lights on at all times, but you can have
two of them lit at the same time.

Their law says you can only have one light lit at a time, but you can turn
it completely off if you desire.

Only politicians would make sense out of either law.

Matt Knowles
Aesthetic Design & Photography - www.aestheticdesign.com - (707) 786-4643