Re: [ST] Cornering

>From: Britbike2@xxxxxxx
>My question is:
>1) is this a tire (I have stock tires on) issue?

Doubt it.  If they are properly inflated, look elsewhere for a cause.

>2) is this a suspension issue (I haven't modified mine)?

Doubt it.  I've done extreme cornering on the stock setup.  I do have mine
modified now, mostly due to the front-end dive under heavy braking and lack
of feedback.

>3) is this a body position / technique issue (I don't know anything about
>proper technique and am intending to buy Twist of the Wrist books).

19 times out of 20, this is the reason.  Got $350 or so?  Get yourself into
Keith Code's class and level one will transform you.

My guess for your front end slide is that you are braking hard (or chopping
the throttle), loading up the front, and failing to get on the gas at the
moment you turn in, followed by a gentle rolling on of said throttle through
the turn.

>5) am I just an idiot?

Nah... we've already got a Cameron here.

>--
Peckham