RE: [ST] F1 / Indy cars

> Nothing like that 18,000 rpm scream of Ferraris, Mercedes, BMW, and the
> like. Sounds like a bunch of mad hornets.  Quite cool!

If any of you happen to watch the Indy car race from Australia at the end of
this month, picture me standing on my balcony, watching the cars race past
my front door (literally !)

Being a street race, my street is actually part of the circuit (about a 100m
mini-straight along the river just before the hairpin back onto the pit
straight)!  They are putting the concrete barriers and safety grills in
place at the moment. So in 3 weeks we'll hear the sounds of the "mad
hornets" driving through our living room.  Talk about best seats at the
circuit - complete with well stocked beer fridge!

Bambi