[ST] What is the life of an engine?

I got a compression test today as the first diagnostic for my oil
consumption problem, and the results were not encouraging!

75/100/150 in cylinders 1,2,3, respectively.

According to Tom Mannley, the mechanic who performed the test, this is a
sign that my engine rings are gone, probably the valve guides too--bottom
line, he is recommending a complete rebuild.

Anyone wish to venture a guess as to the cost?  More to the point, anyone
have any similar experience with Triumph T5 motor with over 44k miles on it
(or better yet, anyone know of trashed Sprint ST or T509 with an intact
engine?)

Thanks,

Jay S. Levine
612.308.9424 (cell)