RE: [ST] oil drip

  ok so who else has had
an oil leak and where did it come from? was it easy to fix?  if so can
you tell me what you saw, symptoms, and how you fixed it

I had a small oil seep from the clutch activation shaft where it disappears
into the right side of the tranny.  Fixed under (extended) warranty during
the 24,000 mile service.  Shop would have charged me about $120 for the fix
including parts and labor.  My shop is expensive ($70 per hour labor no
break on parts) so your cost may vary.  I don't believe this particular fix
is all that difficult to do and anyone with some experience with tools and
mechanics should be able to do the repair.  You don't say where your oil
leak is comming from, so I can't comment on how difficult it would be to
repair yourself.

Dan Wallander
Hungry Dawg
'99ST