RE: [ST] Cornering

> If
> >you absolutely, positively, don't chop the throttle when the back breaks
> >away whatever happens then the worst that will happen is that you
> lowside.
>
> I am not sure I agree with this.  If the available traction does not
> change, or remains constant, then I would agree.  But... what would
> happen if the reason for the spin-up of the rear tire was a little patch
> of back-ice and the rest of the road was dry.  I think you might
> high-side no matter what you did with the throttle.

Oh yes, many times that would be true I'm sure - except of course you'll
usually have already fallen off because the front tyre has to go over the
slippery patch before the back ever gets to it. Thing is, even if you do
lose the back on e.g. oil, if you don't close the throttle it /might/ not
hook up again and highside you when it hits the grippy bit, whereas if you
chop the throttle it definitely will...

But I thought Sean's was about sliding the tyres in corners during 'normal'
riding on dry roads...

- - --

Ken Haylock - Sprint ST + TT600 - MAG Life Member #93160

                               _    _
                    .oooO     / )  ( \     Oooo.
                      \_)   .oooO  Oooo.   (_/