Re: [ST] Medical insurance help/advice

On Fri, 5 Oct 2001 pattib@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> >responce, well we need to add in a Motorcycle rider. I of course do not
> >want that, in the event I do have an accident I do not want to have 2
> >insurance companie saying, not me, them and visa versa.
>
> Unless I'm mistaken, the motorcycle rider they're asking for wouldn't
> be from a different company, it would just be an addition to your
> policy.  For example, my homeowners policy has a base policy, plus a
> rider that covers computer equipment in excess of $2000.  The rider
> isn't a different policy, just a small addition to the base one.

Patti,

Acutally, there is no way, no additional premiums, nothing that will allow
this insurance company cover medical problems related to high risk
activities, such a motorcycling, scuba diving, yes scuba diving, jumping out
of planes (list goes on and on)

In other words, they want couch potatoes that die from a heart attack at the
age of 45.

BUT, I found Unicare, which, when asked, says, they don't care what I do in
my spare time, as long as I don't have any cronic problems. (I opened the
door, now I am going to close it, no asking if "stupidity" or "being
Canadain" or such can be taken as equivelent to a cronic problem)

Tom