[ST] Bogged in Beantown

Hi gang,

Need some ideas/input.  Just finished a two week trip of Nova Scotia/New
England on the 'ol scoot.  Shipped it from Denver, picked it up in Boston
and rode for 2 weeks flawlessly.  The second to the last day, I pulled over
on the road to look at a map, turned the bike off, went to turn it back on
and NOTHING!.

I checked everything I could on the road side.  With the ignition on the
headlights (high and low beam) glowed brightly, turn signals, horn etc. all
worked.  I assumed the battery was o.k.   The kill switch was not in the off
position.  It refused to turn over at all.  I also noticed that I am always
aware when I first turn on the ignition of hearing the fuel pump pressurize
and this seems to have stopped.  Is the fuel pump and the ignition and the
starter motor in some sort of sequence.

It is possible that the battery wasn't strong enough to turn it over, but
the lights seemed way to bright.  The bike will arrive back in Denver next
week, and before I empty my wallet at the local Triumph mechanic I'd like
some input about things I should look for on my own.  Throughout the trip
the bike never failed to start immediately and never gave any indication
that it was about to stop running ---- I'm perplexed.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Lance La Certe, Denver, CO