[ST] 2001 test ride continued

uhhh... dunno what happened, accidentally hit the send key.

Anyways, loved the Falco.  It's fast, and good looking.  Unfortunately,
there is no real aftermarket stuff for it and it really needs a taller
windscreen to be useful for distance riding.  Steering seemed a bit stiff,
but that could have been me.

Onto the Sprint.  I instantly found it easy to ride.  A great combination of
sportiness and comfort.  Maybe I would prefer that it were faster or had
more kick.  As it is, it is very smooth, but by no means slow.  Steering was
excellent.  I plan on buying one as soon as I can sell the old Sprint (know
anyone who might be interested?).

The bike had that whine coming off the regulator and the test bike had 900
miles on it.  The shop tried to tell me that it was normal, but they could
do something about it.  I suggested they would have to as it might be
"normal" but I found it unacceptable.
The only other bike that could tempt me away from the Sprint is the Yamaha
FZ-1.  The problem with that, as with all Japanese bikes, is that I cannot
get a test ride on it.  Right, like I'm really going to spend $8,500 on a
bike that I've never tried and have no idea how it would really behave.  I
know the rationale (we can't let Joe Squidly crash our bike).  Geez, isn't
that what insurance is for?
Anyways, Japan doesn't get my money until I can try before I buy (with the
possible exception of Hondas because those things are sooooo finished).

Cheers,
Robert