Re: [ST] givi hards bags for st ???

Hey Bill,

I should have a set any week now.  I'm ordering them through a friend at a
BMW dealer and therefore, since I'm not a "regular" paying customer, I'm on
the bottom of his "to do" list.  One of these days he'll get around to
ordering the stuff for my lowly Triumph.

Anyway, when I checked with Givi USA, they had a few sets of brackets
(PL723) in stock.  IIRC, list price was something like $130 or $150.  BTW,
these are the tubular type of rack and not the wingrack type, so they are
probably higher on the ugly list when compared to the Triumph OEM racks.
They also told me they were pretty sure, but not absolutely 100% sure, that
the exhaust did not need to be lowered.

Bag-wise, I'm going to get the E21 cruiser-type bags.  I've seen them in
person, and while they are not the most sturdy or capacious things, they
suit my needs.  I also plan to get the E33 scooter topbox.  It's a midsize
box, and again it's not as solid as a motorcycle-specific box, but I only
plan to use it for the occasional trip.

BTW, all three cases, the bag holder, and the genuine Triumph rack (already
purchased from www.motorcyclesinternational.com)  to hold the topbox plate
are going to cost a little over $600.

- -Chris