[ST] RE: Givi hard cases

>> has anyone mounted givi hard bags to their ST, using a givi mounting
fixture?

Bill - I've got Givi hard bags on my RS, using the Givi tubular mounting
frames. They clear the pipe OK, so they should be OK on your Sprint with the
pipe in the high position. IMO, they look OK with the bags off, and you can
use the system without the top-plate as there is a very neat brace between
the pannier frames that runs behind the rear mudguard (fender). The
top-plate (just) clears the grab rail. I did say I'd post some photos with
0,1,2 & 3 bags fixed -- I've taken them, but not got round to scanning them
yet.....

For me, the Givi's were a no-brainer as the Triumph panniers won't fit an RS
(and you can't get Lucifer Orange ones), and I already had the two panniers.
Had a week in France in the summer, two up and fully loaded (she even packed
a hairdryer, FFS) and the bags were fine - no leaks, and (with bit of
practise) you can get them on and off without triggering the alarm!

Tim
Cambridge UK
'01 RS