[ST] Code's Level 1

Well, Richard & I finally took Level 1 of Keith Code's California
Superbike School yesterday.  It was AWESOME!  I was a bit apprehensive,
knowing that I would be one of the slower bikes on the track.  The only
thing that would have made that apprehension go away would be to take
the all women class in California, and that would be prohibitably
expensive!

We arrived at the track at 7:00 a.m., to find lister Rick Paukert
already there.  He was taking Level 4.  We got started somewhere around
8:00 a.m.  The first drill was on throttle control, and after getting
that first 30 minutes on the track out of the way, I felt quite a bit
better.  I had a BIG smile on my face after the second drill, and it
just kept getting bigger as the day went on.

I truly NEVER thought I would say this, but I need to crank up my rear
suspension and become more proficient at my quick turn-ins as I scraped
both my pegs during the fifth and last track session!!!!  The first time
it happened on the left side I was quite shocked, but somewhat less
shocked when it happened on the right side.  I recovered well both
times.

All I can say is that this was a GREAT learning experience, and I am
looking forward to practicing what I was taught and putting it to use in
my street riding.  We will be taking Level 2 next year for sure
:-)))))!!

Lisa