RE: [ST] Intro

Wait, I was either not on the list when this was
discussed, or had a period where I was unsubbed and it
was disuccesed then.

I had a clutch cable break in June, just after just
over 3k miles in my new '01 ST.  Others have had this
problem?  I ended up having to buy a cable, it never
came in and I bought from another dealer.   Then the
original order came in and they would not refund the
money (actually, they would and charge a 15%
restocking fee).  Nobody in the state of Ohio would
cover it under warranty, claiming it was a
'consumable' part.  I can kinda see their point, but
after a few months and just 3k miles or so?!?!?!

Has there been any official word from Triumph on this?
 I'm curious because the dealer I bought my bike from
may cut GREAT deals on the bike's sale, but their
service department sucks.

Long story short: I've been keeping it under my seat
in case it happens again.  I figured it wouldnt do me
much good hanging in my garage when I'm 100 miles
away.