Re: [ST] the oil drip

> shut it off.  they came back and saw that it had leaked out of the drain
> plug again.  now here is the interesting part.  it was not leaking from
> around the bolt.  it was leaking thru the bolt head.  So they got a new
> bolt. and it supposedly works fine.  The mechainc said that the bolt
> Jim in VTA

I have seen a few of these, the torx bolt seems to be the problem. Not
enough metal to withstand just a bit of aggressive tightening. I found a
replacement at Pep boys with a conventional head and advised some other
people who had the same problem to do likewise.
Paul & Dee
Madd Dawg & Dinky Dawg
1999 Triumph Sprint ST (on the way out)
2000 Buell X1 (you better behave)