Re: [ST] Sawdusty

Previously, you (Daniel Miller) wrote:
> There's at least 1 more. With long winters in South Dakota, my wood shop is
> the only thing that keeps me sane.

You must face the same problem I had when living in Canada (Ottawa
valley): how to keep the shop warm enough in winter to be usable.  I
moved before I solved the problem.  Now I have the opposite, recently
solved problem: keeping the shop cool enough in summer to work.

> My main interest in woodworking, is wood
> turning, so my lathe is my winter "Triumph". Not as much fun as a
> motorcycle. But all the worries of the world "go away" when I'm in my shop.

I sure know what you mean! I have a Jet mini lathe and a desire to
learn how to use it.  I've done a couple of small turnings but I'm not
very good.  To do what I want I need a chuck, slow speed grinder with
the appropriate wheel (to sharpen the chisels) and time to practice.

Currently I'm building an oak shelf for my daughter to hold her stereo.
The shelf "brackets" look like feathers (at her request).  I've also
started on a maple birdcage.  And I recently finished an oak wine bottle
and wine glass rack for my wife.

Fun stuff!  :-)

- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers