RE: [ST] starting woes

Yes, you heard it here. I just experimented to make sure I was telling the
truth. There is only one situation where the starter will engage, but the
motor will not fire. This is when the following conditions are met: 1. Kill
switch in the "run" position. 2. Clutch engaged. 3. Neutral indicator light
NOT lit. 4. Sidestand down.

If any of these conditions aren't met, the starter won't engage in the first
place. Instead, your indicator and head lights will go out and there will be
an audible "click", but then the ominous silence that says somethin's wrong.
This is invariably followed by the same action repeated 3 times, just to see
if anything different will happen. (symptom of a Microsoft society) Next,
off comes the seat and fingernails are broken trying to get the damn fuse
cover off. When the fuses all check out, the same starting sequence is once
again attempted.

I could go on...

Chris "Snow dawg" Strizver