Re: [ST] dead speedo/wet signals

On Tue, 16 Oct 2001, Anderson, Neil G (CPR) wrote:

> >couple of hours later, the turn signals quit.  No left/right, no four
> >ways.  All fuses fine.  Must have dried out over night as they were ok the
> >next day.
>
> I believe the speedo is driven by a Hall effect sensor - a magnetic sensor
> which sits on the front wheel hub and generates electronic pulses.  The

Wow, if it is a Hall effect sensor then it shouldbe really easy for me
to borrow the imput. It would be really interesting to create a trip
computer.  All I have to do is time how long each injector is open, hit
the specs to see the flow rate and all of a suddent I should be able to
create a trip computer.

now all I need is the time and money for such a project :-)

mmm, maybe my name should be Geek Dawg?

Tom

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 7 months old, 13,700 miles)
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500