[ST] Leather jeans tight at the knees...

My Vanson perforated pants were REALLY tight at the knees even without the
armor, to the point that after an hour they were unbearable.  A friend who
runs a prosthetic company had the solution - a tool used on artificial limbs
which looks a lot like a cylinder honing tool.  It is basically a three arm
caliper thing which is used for spreading out artificial limb sockets, and
by cranking down on the central column, the arms spread out, applying great
force.

I used it overnight, applying some special stuff for leather (from a shoe
repair place) and it did the job perfectly, just by increasing the tension
two or three times over a 15 hour period.

Obviously not everyone will have access to a prosthetic place, but it could
be worth asking - maybe they'd do it for you for a "nominal fee".  The
cylinder honing thingy might also work.

Some time ago, a  friend had a similar problem and fixed it by splitting a
cylindrical piece of wood vertically, positioning the pieces at the knees
and gradually wedging the pieces apart.  It worked but took longer.

Going up a size would have meant that the pants were way too big, so
stretching was about the only solution.  I gained enough room that I can now
use the armor without any discomfort.  As it is I enjoy that motorcycle
hanging butt look, as the seat area has stretched a bit over time through
normal use.

Leather stretches easily, just be careful and go slowly so you don't rip it
or the seams.

Alex