Re: [ST] Brokerage fee for Out of Country Purchase?

I believe that ever imported item requires this - it is just in most cases
that it is the company providing the shipping. When you start dealing with
large quantities or high dollar items,  or when you send an item without
the proper documentation a third party is required. I sent some headsets to
Canada without proper export documentation and got nailed with a bunch of
charges that I did not incur the first time I shipped the same items...

I personally would blame it on the Canadians... we here in the US would
never implement a system mired in red tape and hidden fees....

;-)