From: Steve Lawler <slawler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ST Digest <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ST] Is it time for boot chat yet?
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 07:45:35 -0400

I am looking for a new pair of riding boots and I know that this group
could make a few suggestions.

Anyway, here are my criteria:
1) Waterproof, or, at least, very water resistant. Possibly Gore-tex.
2) Ankle guards on both sides of the boot. I've seen some with guards
only one side. I can't figure out the logic in that.
3) Shifter protector.
4) Heel protector.
5) No slip-ons. Velcro preferred. Zippers, while disliked, are
acceptable. I like to have a snug fit above the ankles. I have big feet
and skinny ankles and calves (at the risk of opening myself up to
ridicule: picture an ostrich).
6) No gaudy, flashy colors. I realize there are different tastes in this
world, but I think that the Sidi Chrome boots are about the ugliest
things that I have seen in a long time.

I had the Triumph "Trophy" boots which have since been discontinued.
They met all the above criteria but they didn't fare too well in my
accident. The boots gave their lives so that my feet would survive.

- --
Steve "Devil Dawg" Lawler
Today, I am a Seattle fan!

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil 2"