Re: [ST] Re: st-heated grips

 > > It is very simple.  The hardest part is getting the old grips off.  I
 > > had to
 > > cut one of them off with a razor blade.  The installation is very

slide a thin screwdriver under the grip, and spritz in some soapy water.
work the screwdriver around, and the grip will slide right off.

 > For those of us who have replaced the stock grips with more comfortable
 > ones and don't want to go back to the hard rubber Triumph style I have
 > found an alternative, though haven't tried it myself yet.   Rider
 > Warehouse catalog (Aerostitch suits) lists some grip warmers that you
 > velcro OVER the grips - They are not a permanent install and look like
 > they would work just fine.  Might be something worth considering, and

also consider Kimpex heater foils, that go under any pair of grips.
they work great, though you'll want to supply your own switch.  $25.
dennis kirk has them -- www.denniskirk.com, part no.  3931.  they're
in the snowmobile section.

    http://www.denniskirk.com/asp/detail.asp?PartNo=3931&ProdType=12&SubProdType=handbars&Name=Search&MultiDim=N

paul