Re: [ST] Problems getting Triumph kit??

Umm, yes! since you asked, I got my bike some 7 months ago, took many a
email and phone calls to to my dealer (only phone calls) and Jerry at
TOA (Triumph of America). Jerry finally got the luggage out to me (many
thanks again) of course I had to install it myself if I wanted it for my
7,200 mile vacation (thanks again Steve!).

Jerry could only come up with a Black top box top. Which I still have,
so I have been waiting 7 months for the Green top case top. Now I don't
know if it is TOA's fault or the dealer's fault. I have told the dealer
about 3 times that I would like a matching top, but so far no luck.

Of course I am hoping that I will get the matching top before I trade
the bike in.  At current schedule that will give them about 18 months.

Anyone up for some friendly wagers??

And what is this I hear about putting your bike away for the winter :-)

Tom

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001, Cunningham Andrew wrote:

> Is anybody else having trouble getting Triumph accessories, in particular
> luggage?  When I bought my RS back in June, I got a voucher for Triumph
> accessories to the value of 10000SEK (approx £650).  So amongst other things
> I ordered the throw-over panniers.  It's now almost November and I still
> haven't received them.  All the other bits I ordered arrived at the dealers
> after just a couple of weeks, but not a sniff of the bloody panniers.  I've
> just called the dealer again today and he still can't give me a delivery
> date, claiming that he can't get a decent answer from Triumph in England.
> I've just tried ringing the factory in the UK and the lazy f*ckers that work
> in customer relations stop taking calls at 4pm so I couldn't speak to
> anybody (will try again tomorrow).
>
> To be honest I don't urgently need the panniers (the bike's tucked up for
> winter) but I'd like to know if I'm going to get something I've paid for!

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 7 months old, 13,700 miles)
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500