Re: [ST] Chain Cleaning

Yeah, WD-40 is bad for them.  Although it is great at removing build up
stuff, it is a grease solvent and is "wet" enough to get past the o-rings in
your chain.  WD-40 is not a lubricant, so once it's in there and the solvent
evaporates, you have a metal on metal condition.  Not good.

Personally I have always had good luck with Tri-Flow, a bicycle product.  It
is  great for chains (works just fine on my dirt bike, road bikes as well as
my bicycles), fairly good at displacing water and although the 'wetting'
agent evaporates, it leaves Teflon behind, which is good an isn't sticky.
Very limited road grime accumulation.

Sean
'01 Sprint ST BRG
'98 XR400 w/lights