Re: [ST] trip report--Talimena Byway

Daniel Miller wrote:

> I feel like an oddball(for more reasons than 1), but if I'm having a
> truly  enjoyable ride, I don't even see the scenery because I'm
> concentrating on the thrill of the curves and making sure the road is
> safe.

I'm absolutely in the same boat as you. When I get to a piece of road I
like I'm totally focused on the next corner and looking out for any
hazards. When going on group rides I don't like to lead because I'll
usually miss the turn-off to the next road.

> I could care less about taking pictures of beautiful scenery. I
> want the pure satisfaction of executing the curves perfectly.

Yeah, that's where Matt Knowles comes in handy. :-)
- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff
Burlingame, cA  USA