[ST] Chain replacement/breakers

Hi all,

With all of this talk about chain care, etc., I'm wondering about the
replacement myself.  After having ridden a shaft drive for the past 13
years, the last chain I replaced was on an 'ol 750 Ninja.  Seems it was very
straight forward, removing a cotter pin and sliding out the connecting link.
Apparently no such luck with the new chain technology, so:

1) Does one have to purchase the Triumph chain breaker --- will another unit
from a local shop do?  How exactly does one use one of these devices?

2) With a new chain, does one have to use the chain breaker again to press
the connecting links into position.

Lance "Dawgmanaut" La Certe,   '99 ST,  Denver, CO