Re: [ST] RS clutch cable routing

From: Paul Fox

>i've had an ST clutch cable on my RS for a while, but since i'm removing
>the risers, i'm replacing the ST cable with the RS cable<snip>

Paul,

Keep the ST cable on, don't bother switching back. The original RS cable
takes a convoluted path down, then up, then back down, resulting in more
stress on the cable and a tougher pull. I can't recall unless I'm standing
at the bike whether or not it goes behind the fram on it's upswing, but I
reall don't think so because of the position of the wire loom attached up by
the radiator on the right side.

The ST cable, if you routed it the way I routed mine, shows in the largest
opening of the fairing, but so what? The easier clutch pull and lessend
chance of stressing the cable to failure is well worth the very minor
comestic sacrifice.

FWIW,  I keep my original RS cable circling the bottom of my Triumph tank
bag, should the
unexpected happen. My question is: Why are you removing the risers? Me, I am
quite happy with the stock RS rider position, other than when my son rides
with me. The older he gets (12 on Halloween), the heavier gets and is
starting to weight my back and arms a bit much. I just might get the topbox
afterall to give him a place to lean besides me.

Ken M.
'00 RS, yellow

End of st-digest V2001 #654