Rubber Mirror Boot "thingy"

I have not only had to replace a boot for failure as you described, but have
had to replace 3 complete sets of mirrors (including boots) for becoming
loose at various points!  Fortunately, its all still under warrenty. I have
not heard about any aftermarket mirrors, but would love to consider some
should my mirrors fail after the warrenty expires in Feb. I've got around
6000 miles on my Y2KST and the bike has run perfectly in every way except for
the mirrors. Maybe the wind resistance at excessive speed is to blame????????
  LOL!

Mark Pinson
Y2KST (black)