Re: [ST] Cold weather questions

 > My cheeks and chin are starting to numb when riding in the cold.
 > Any ideas what to do, other than not ride or move to CA?  I've got

get a balaclava.  they make them for both motorcyclists and
bicyclists.  it's essentially a very thin ski-mask kind of thing that
goes over your head, with a cutout hole for your face.  it'll keep you
toasty, and crumples up tiny when you're not using it.  as an
alternative that doesn't cover your head, you can try a neck gaiter
kind of thing, which can be pulled up over your chin.  it will block
enough of the air into the helmet that a) your cheeks will be warmer
and b) your faceshield will fog more quickly.  :-) i stopped using one
because the balaclava does the job more directly, and i felt the
gaiter restricted my neck movement, which got annoying after a while.

 > a Gerber suit, but the dang thing keeps blowing a fuse with
 > everything turned on high.  Does anyone know if I can replace the
 > 10 Amp fuse with a 15 Amp with no ill effects?  By my calculations,
 > I'm pulling between 10.2 to 12 Amps.

change the fuse.

paul