Adventurer Down

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday afternoon was so nice, I decided to take a spin around the
neighborhood
on my '99 Adventurer. On the way home, while waiting in the left turn lane
at an intersection, a 2001 Toyota Sonata from the opposite direction  ran
the red broadsiding me. I was airborne landing then skidding  about 15 feet
away on my shoulder. The Toyota stopped, sustaining minor damage to the
bumper. I picked the bike up and rolled it on to the sidewalk. I was in
shock, so I didn't feel any pain from the injuries. My whole right side from
foot to shoulder was  badly bruised and my back was in spasm. Luckily, I was
wearing a leather jacket with armor, along with gloves.. My helmet had a
nasty gash on the right side. After being evaluated by the EMTs and talking
to the APD about the wreck, I wanted to know if I could ride the bike home.
The old T3 started right up on the first press of the button. I rode the
battered Adventurer the 1.5 miles back to my place. Damage to the bike: bent
handlebar, broken front turn signal lens, broken right mirror, small scratch
on gas tank,dented speedo, broken right foot rest. Upon closer inspection, I
noticed that one of the motor mounts was broken. Today my dealer said that
this did not bode well. According to the service manager, a broken motor
mount, will likely total the bike. I exchanged the bike for my car at home.
At the hospital, all the nurses and docs told me how lucky I was considering
the speed at which I was hit. None of the X-Rays showed any fractures. After
filling a prescription for Vicodin, I headed home to bed.
Anyway, I feel very grateful that I am still here. I still have my 2000 ST
to ride. I think I will stay close to home this weekend. Take care.

Mike MacLennan
"Bama Dawg"
99 Triumph Adventurer
00 Triumph Sprint ST