Subject: [ST] Photos on CD Rom

David wrote:

>Any suggestions, Ya. Buy a digital camera!  No more trips to Walgreens,
no more $250. Downloaded 350 pics from my trip to BC in 3 minutes or
less. Don't do CD's (Use zips) but if I did, I could burn the pics in
less than an hour. And picture quality is 10 times any photoprocessing
scan I've ever used, even on the lowest res my camera has.

The digital camera is a good idea. However, buying a Zip drive is not. Zip
cartridges (100 or 250Mb) will allow you to archive your photos, but you
won't be able to share them with anyone who doesn't have a Zip drive. Plus,
Zip cartridges are not cheap. CDs on the other had are readily shared (if
you burn them correctly) and CD burners (as low as $100) and media (CDR are
as low as $0.35@ when bought as a spindle) are pretty inexpensive right now.
They are easily mailed and replaceable if you keep master copies, which you
should. If you have a LOT of pictures, you might want to put them on another
hard drive. You can get a 40Gb drive for about $120 now.
Regards,
Bob

- ------ http://USFamily.Net/info - Unlimited Internet - From $8.99/mo! ------